Sunday, May 29, 2011

Why do people have to leave each other?



"The dunya is as a place of fleeting moments and temporary attachments. A place where people are with you today, and leave or die tomorrow. But this reality hurts our very being because it goes against our nature. 


We, as humans, are made to seek, love, and strive for what is perfect and what is permanent. We are made to seek what’s eternal. We seek this because we were not made for this life. Our first and true home was Paradise: a land that is both perfect and eternal. So the yearning for that type of life is a part of our being. 


The problem is that we try to find that here - in dunya.


That’s why if we live in dunya with our hearts, it breaks us. That’s why this dunya hurts. It is because the definition of dunya, as something temporary and imperfect, goes against everything we are made to yearn for."


"I had always thought that love of dunya meant being attached to material things. And I was not attached to material things. I was attached to people. I was attached to moments. I was attached to emotions. So I thought that the love of dunya just did not apply to me. What I didn’t realize was that people, moments, emotions are all a part of dunya. What I didn’t realize is that all the pain I had experienced in life was due to one thing, and one thing only: love of dunya."




Part 1: http://www.suhaibwebb.com/personaldvlpt/character/why-do-people-have-to-leave-each-other/


Part 2: http://www.suhaibwebb.com/relationships/people-leave-each-other-but-do-they-return/


A rather long article, but believe me, it's worth reading! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...